Friday, September 4, 2015

Creative Ads (Advertising assignment)


          "Saan ka na?" "Malapit na." This is definitely a common lie in the Philippines. One of the things that the Filipinos are known for is the "Filipino time". Filipino time simply means being late or not arriving on time. This is a very common habit of Filipinos, which is actually not good. It shows disrespect for other people's time and effort. Pizza hut, however, chose to use this issue in their Hate Late print ads. The Hate Late print ads is a series of print ads that grew into and award-winning campaign. It features phrases that depict a common scenario in the everyday lives of Filipinos.

          This series of print ads caught my attention as soon as I saw it on the internet. I personally think it's a great ad, considering it's qualities. Fist of all, though it is simple, the combination of the colors and the type style is refreshing to the eyes. The colors aren't too vivid but not too dull either. Second, the phrase used in the print advertisement sparked interest in my head. It made me wonder why such words would be used to advertise food/ a restaurant. Third, it creates desire. It made use of humor as a propaganda technique, seeing as how Filipinos understand what the 2 phrases actually mean in our culture. It also uses a slogan with "HATE LATE?" as the brand's catchphrase. Lastly, their print ad made me want to order my favorite Pizza from them. The "Near na" & "Layo pa" phrases made me think of how annoyed I would be if I was hungry and was waiting for food that was an hour late but the Hate Late catchphrase quickly lured me in because I was sure that the pizza parlor wouldn't let me down with their advertisement.

          I think Pizza hut did a great job with their promotions. This advertisement has the right mix of elements that makes it appealing to the audience. It is a humorous appeal that will immediately catch the attention of the target audience. I believe that Pizza hut will gain more customers craving for their awesome pizzas. Here are a few more print ads in the series:







No comments:

Post a Comment