Sunday, November 30, 2014

WHAT'S YOUR COLOR?


          No style, no art. I could almost faintly imagine how I'd be able start an artwork if I didn't have my own style. I'm guessing it'd be horrible, an awful lot of misconception would go on. It would be rotten food for the eyes. Having your own style is important, as much as having skills and passion. As long as we're talking about artworks, we wouldn't wanna miss counting styles in. Everybody likes to add a little spice to everything. From shoes to clothes, hairs to accessories, even in mugs and furniture. We even like to decorate food! Finding out what our signature style is can help us mix beautifully our personalities into our artworks and can help people tell our works apart from the rest.

          I'd like to think of my own style as a mixture of quirky, semi-realistic-semi-surrealistic (as if such a word exists), colorful, mystical and grim. I'm most interested in having people as the subject of my artwork. I know, it's such a weird combination, I mean like, how can colorful and grim be combined? I don't even know myself, I just know that that's what my style's all about. I like creating artworks that give off an enchanting or mystical feeling. The reason behind this is because I'm in love with fantasy and I treasure every dream I get if it's fantasy related (which I rarely get anyways). I also like my artworks giving off a weird feeling as how surrealism does, but I don't linger in it too much hence the mixture between surrealism and realism. I'm kind of more into pop surrealism rather than the classical ones. The last element that I prefer my artworks having is the essence of grim. It would be something along the paper graphics (sorry I don't even know what you call them) in the video game Alice: Madness Returns.



I prefer having people or their faces as my subject because I see beauty in them, I rarely develop the want to use other elements as my subject. 

         Though I'm still an amateur when it comes to art, I have the will and passion to improve and create many artworks that would greatly satisfy me and impress other people. The artworks I've created are countable with one hand (talk about embarrassing). Of course it really isn't my forte, but what lead me to having this passion for the arts is crafting. I started off from crafting (because I like assembling) and realized that I wanted to try and do actual art. For me, the best part of it is getting to color your own work - traditionally of course. I still have a long way to go though. I'm still working on improving my skills and techniques. I'm getting tired and lazy from erasing every second and having to choose for hours just to pick a suitable color for whatever I'm coloring. I must say I'm quite looking forward to what kind of artwork I'll be able to produce someday. I'm happy because I can already feel small changes and improvement as early as now.  


          Here are my favorite artists and some of their artworks. I get my motivation from them.



Ilya Kuvshinov






psylett

                 



ZombieSandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment